Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Vows for The Wedding that Never Was















What I wish, is for all your kisses to be mine.
I wish to have your arms around me, late at night.
When you are happy, I wish to hear your laughter;
and when you are sad, I wish to share your pain.
When you are in trouble, I wish to be the one to rescue you;
and in exchange, when I am tired, it will be on your shoulder
that I will lean and rest.

If one day you can't see, I wish to be your eyes;
and in the language we created, I will tell you all the wonders,
and the colours, and the shapes, and you will see through me.
And if one day I can't hear, I will not need to hear you speak.
I will only have to look into your eyes.
I want to see you draw your first morning breath,
and the last one, at night, before you go to rest.
When you are ill, I'll take care of you.
When you are in doubt, I will help you through.

I wish to feel the pride of walking with you by the hand.
I wish to feel the pride of knowing you are my man.
I wish that never another day of my life goes by without a kiss from your lips.
I wish that never another day of my life goes by without looking into your eyes.
I wish my children look like you - and I never wished for children, before.

I wish I am the wine that calms your thirst;
I wish I am the hand that lies in yours;I
wish I am the voice whispering in your ear, at night, that calms your fears.
I love you, with all my being, and all my might, and all the force in the Universe.

My soul loves your soul;
my mind loves your mind;
my Heart loves your Heart.

(Porto, 25 de Janeiro de 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home