Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Prince who didn't know he was

A long, long time ago, there was a boy.
The boy crossed my path, just arrived from a distant land, one with castles where dreams were lost and crossroads where friends were found.
We talked a lot, the boy and I; about dreams and tears, monsters and fears.
I knew he was a Prince, but he didn't - I could tell.
He was the Prince of no Kingdom, reigning over no land.
It rained a lot, until he came. For days and days without end, and then night after night, it would rain, cold, bitter rain, sinking down through the skin and to the bones.
But not anymore.
Not after he came.
"It can't rain all the time"- he said. And he drove the rain away.
Little by little, the sun shone over my days, and the stars shone over my nights, and the laughter dried the tears.
And the Prince just smiled, without knowing who he was.

One day, he left, the same way he had come.l
He left, and I was too busy, swept away by the sun, and the stars, and then again by the rain and the tears, and the Prince became just a memory.
Sometimes, I even believed he had been just a dream.
The years passed.
Winters came, and springs, and warm summers, and Autumns clad in golden leaves.
And then, one day I woke up, and something new was stirring inside of me. Like a small seed, stirring, restless.
It stirred and shook, it left me no rest - until I finally understood: I needed to find the Prince.
Heaven and Earth were searched; rocks were turned, seas were parted.
"I saw him there, 2 years ago"-some said. But there I went, and he was no more.
"He was here, but just left" - said another.
The seed still stirred inside, along with fear that maybe the Prince had fallen of the Earth.
But hope never died. Winter came, and with it came the heavy rain, sudden, unexpected.
Hair and soul, all were dripping. And then, I saw him.
There he was once more, the Prince who drove away the rain.

The seed still stirrs, the seed of a pleasant smile and a sunny day.
I never embraced the Prince, though I carry a bit of him in my soul; I could never embrace him, because he is, at once, so close, and so far away.

To a real friend I've never met. :) I'm really glad that I found you again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home